Autor Thema: SiDiary Sync Issue with iPaq5550  (Gelesen 2268 mal)

Offline carlitowebb

SiDiary Sync Issue with iPaq5550
« am: Oktober 02, 2006, 17:53 »
 :mauer:

I've been using SiDiary for ages now, and have the latest version both on the pc and pocket pc.  However, I keep getting the following message despite having downloaded the complete install again and re-installing.

"This version of SiDiary needs the additional application component SiDiarySmartSync, which isn't installed properly on your system. SiDiary can not synchronize data with mobile devices! This may occur, if you do not have Microsoft Active Sync, which is basically needed for the communication with your mobile device!"

I have version 5.1.664 on the pc, version 5.1.418 on the ppc and have activesync 4.2.  I have had this working with no problems previously, the ppc reporting is was running in slave mode - which is correct.  As I said, I have also re-installed from scratch and the license manage has correctly picked up the existing license and carried on working - why the problem now??

Can anyone advise??

Thanks
Carl

Offline Alf

• Administrator
  • Special Member
  • Mein Name ist Shumway. Gordon Shumway.
    • Diabetikertagebuch
  • Diabetestyp: ---
  • Therapie: ---
Re: SiDiary Sync Issue with iPaq5550
« Antwort #1 am: Oktober 02, 2006, 22:16 »
Hi Carl,

this message is displayed if one dll is not registered properly on your system: SiDiarySmartSync.dll.

You can do several things, to re-register this dll on your PC:
* Use the automatic-repair function of SiDiary's Setup tool (Control panel->Software->SiDiary)
* Download the latest update and use the update_SiDiary-Tool which is included with the zip-file. This update tool will also re-register the SiDiarySmartSync.dll
* Register the component manually: Start->Execute type in regsvr32.exe {SiDiary-Folder}\Bin\SiDiarySmartSync.dll

Hope this helps?!

Cheers, Alf.
DM 1, ICT mit Lantus/Humalog/Insuman Rapid, Freestyle Libre, SiDiary Win & Android
Diabetes Software, Windhorst, Helden der Kindheit

Offline carlitowebb

Re: SiDiary Sync Issue with iPaq5550
« Antwort #2 am: Oktober 03, 2006, 10:14 »
 ;D

Many thanks, I used regsvr32 to re-register the dll and sync worked first time.

Cheers
Carl