Autor Thema: N70/Freestyle Mini,a question  (Gelesen 2865 mal)

Offline wully

N70/Freestyle Mini,a question
« am: Juli 13, 2007, 01:19 »
Hi Alf

I have just loaded sidiary onto my Nokia N70 and was wondering, can I download my freestyle mini readings straight to the phone? and if so,how is it done????
thanks in advance.

Wully
diabetic for 30years Novorapid/Levemir,Freestyle Mini
keep it real!

Offline Alf

• Administrator
  • Special Member
  • Mein Name ist Shumway. Gordon Shumway.
    • Diabetikertagebuch
  • Diabetestyp: ---
  • Therapie: ---
Re: N70/Freestyle Mini,a question
« Antwort #1 am: Juli 13, 2007, 09:10 »
Hi Wully,

no there are several reasons which prevent such a meter download directly to your phone.
The main reason is that all Abbott meters have a cable interface only - there is no wireless communication.

There is one designed path so that you could get your meter data also to your phone: Download your meter from the PC and then export the PC data to your Java cellphone by using the Java mobile driver from the device list at the settings tab.

BUT you will need to establish a bluetooth connection between phone and PC and Nokia must have allowed Java apps to use such communications - I don't know if they did in fact...you can check this when you go to the sync-menu of the Java version and see if bluetooth is enabled or not - if it's not enabled or not shown Nokia decided to not allow Java apps to use the bluetooth communication (this varies from phone to phone :nixweiss: ) There is a document called synchronisation.doc in folder {SiDiary}\Install\Java Mobile\ which has some additional information about the sync with Java mobiles...
DM 1, ICT mit Lantus/Humalog/Insuman Rapid, Freestyle Libre, SiDiary Win & Android
Diabetes Software, Windhorst, Helden der Kindheit

Offline wully

« Antwort #2 am: Juli 13, 2007, 17:49 »
Thanx again for the speedy answer.
 I thought that with comm port for the meter, and usb for the phone I could have got the two to talk!!!!

Wully
diabetic for 30years Novorapid/Levemir,Freestyle Mini
keep it real!

Offline Joerg Moeller

• Administrator
  • Special Member
  • Ohana heißt "Familie"...
    • Diabetesinfo
  • Diabetestyp: DM 1
  • Therapie: Insulin-Pumpe
« Antwort #3 am: Juli 14, 2007, 11:20 »
Not really. You can have hair and a cutter, but then you're not to be bound to be a haircutter
Meine Seite über Diabetes: http://www.diabetesinfo.de/
Meine Facebook-Seite: https://www.facebook.com/Diabetesinfo.de/