Autor Thema: Praise, Report Question and Small Suggestion  (Gelesen 2376 mal)

Offline mgrunk

Praise, Report Question and Small Suggestion
« am: August 30, 2006, 22:28 »
First of all, thanks for such an awesome piece of software - I use the newer BD Logic monitor in order to input my insulin injections along w/ BG numbers - one place for all. But BD Logic software is terrible - the reports are frustrating and basically useless to me. Your software is much easier to use and modify times, correct input mistakes, etc. - Thank you!

Now, a quick report question - is there a simple log report that could just have the date and then the various time slices w/ bg number and insulin injections:

Date    Fasting   Post Breakfast Pre Lunch Post Lunch Pre Supper Post Supper Bedtime
8/30    87 15 NPH, 25 Bolus

I read through the template creation instruction but it was a little more than I could manage.

What I really need is a report that I can take in that has a month's worth of data on one or two pieces of paper - all the reports I've looked at are too long.

And, my one small suggestion - at some point, would it be possible to add a small picture to each of the templates - so before downloading and then generating (a slow process on my older laptop), I could just look at the image and see what kind of report and then decide if the layout might work?

Thanks in advance - and again, I'm happy to have the product and will be purchasing soon.

Michelle

Offline Alf

• Administrator
  • Special Member
  • Mein Name ist Shumway. Gordon Shumway.
    • Diabetikertagebuch
  • Diabetestyp: ---
  • Therapie: ---
Re: Praise, Report Question and Small Suggestion
« Antwort #1 am: August 31, 2006, 08:21 »
Hi Michelle,

thanks a lot for your comments! Although we love to hear praise (who doesn't? ;) ) the other things were much more important, especially your suggestion with the preview pics for the templates. This thing was improved a few months ago but when I now saw your post I went back to sidiary.org and was taken aback about the fact that I just enhanced the German list of the templates with the preview link and forgot the english web-template of this webpage.  :mauer:
Sorry for that, I promise to fix this in a few minutes!

Second, about the templates themselves: Perhaps you could wait for the previews and identify the most compact layout and use this template to reduce some more details to get even more days on a single page?! The most compact layout is a single data list (included as a csv-template) and I think the Excel template "DiaByte" (provided from this forum's Ralf :super:) is very close to your requirements, since Ralf puts the data from SiDiary into time slots before / after breakfast etc. and his template will have a complete moth of data on one single page. So maybe this helps?

Cheers, Alf.
DM 1, ICT mit Lantus/Humalog/Insuman Rapid, Freestyle Libre, SiDiary Win & Android
Diabetes Software, Windhorst, Helden der Kindheit

Offline Alf

• Administrator
  • Special Member
  • Mein Name ist Shumway. Gordon Shumway.
    • Diabetikertagebuch
  • Diabetestyp: ---
  • Therapie: ---
« Antwort #2 am: August 31, 2006, 08:26 »
Preview is now included! :ja:

Cheers, Alf.
DM 1, ICT mit Lantus/Humalog/Insuman Rapid, Freestyle Libre, SiDiary Win & Android
Diabetes Software, Windhorst, Helden der Kindheit

Offline mgrunk

« Antwort #3 am: August 31, 2006, 17:08 »
The previews are great - very helpful. The diabyte report is the most compact - but still a bit too much info. to take into my doctor. I will try and play with it and get the size and info. down to what they want to see. Thanks again.

Michelle

PS - Like I said though, you have a much better program than BD - maybe they'll take some pointers for their very much overpriced program :-)

Offline Joerg Moeller

• Administrator
  • Special Member
  • Ohana heißt "Familie"...
    • Diabetesinfo
  • Diabetestyp: DM 1
  • Therapie: Insulin-Pumpe
« Antwort #4 am: September 01, 2006, 12:37 »
Maybe a small hint: if your doctor decides to use SiDiary too (actually physicans can get it for free; they only should drop us a line), you could send your data to him by email. Then he only needs to launch the mail's attachment and he could see all your data as well as you do.
Meine Seite über Diabetes: http://www.diabetesinfo.de/
Meine Facebook-Seite: https://www.facebook.com/Diabetesinfo.de/